Southern Hospitality

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

A Southern Endorsement for Howard Dean


Blog for Democracy points to the endorsement of Dean for DNC chairman by Florida's Democratic Party chairman:

"The only knock against Howard Dean is that he's seen as too liberal," Mr. Maddox said. "I'm a gun-owning pickup-truck driver and I have a bulldog named Lockjaw. I am a Southern chairman of a Southern state, and I am perfectly comfortable with Howard Dean as D.N.C. chair."


I couldn't have said it better myself. Although I did not support Dean's bid for the Presidency (I supported Wesley Clark), I totaly endorse his candidancy for chairman of the DNC. I really didn't like Dean until I had the opportunity to meet with him myself, but he is one of the coolest people that I have ever met, and he has certainly inspired me to seek public office. He is far more moderate domestically than people give him credit for, and he has the gall and demeanor necessary for Democrats as an opposition party. I wish Gov. Dean the best of luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home