Southern Hospitality

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Sweet



This new Ridley Scott film about the Third Crusade, Kingdom of Heaven, looks pretty tight. The fact that I'm taking Early Modern Europe next semester will probably make me want to see it even more. I don't know why, but I've always been a sucker for films like this (Dark Ages - Renaissance era Europe). Elizabeth and Braveheart are some of my favorite films, Luther is still in my queue, and I'm probably the only person on Earth that actually liked The Messenger and The 13th Warrior, but I digress.

Check out the trailer here.

As an aside, I think actor Brendan Gleeson is starting to get typecast in these period films. Most of us first saw him as Hamish in Braveheart, and since then, he's appeared in Gangs of New York, Michael Collins, Troy, and Cold Mountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home